When can my child start school?
To find out when your child can start school, please visit to the Department of Education website.
Enrolling your child
Families living in Dawson Park Primary’s catchment area are entitled to enrol their children at this school. When enrolling you will need:
- a copy of the child’s FULL birth certificate
- proof of your residential address – Rental/Homeswest agreement or a Utility Bill will only be accepted
- Australian Immunisation Record – printed with the last 2 months.
From 1 January 2019 new immunisation regulations under the Public Health Act 2016 (WA) will take effect which aim to increase immunisation coverage of children in Western Australia. This regulation states that if your child’s immunisations are not up to date they will be excluded from school if there is an outbreak of a preventable notifiable infectious disease.
On enrolment you are require to provide the school with an Australian Immunisation Record (AIR) that has been generated within the past two months.
You are able to access your child’s AIR by the following:
- MyGov, by logging in to your Medicare online account
- Medicare Express Plus App, by logging in to the Medicare account
- Visiting a Centrelink Office
- Calling the AIR General Enquiries line on 1800 653 809 for your statement to be posted if you don’t hold a Medicare Card.
- You are automatically sent and AIR immunisation History Statement when your child turns 18 months of age and again at 5 years of age, or after your child has completed the 4 year old vaccination schedule, whichever comes first.
Translating and interpreting services are available by calling 131 450.
Vaccination is not compulsory for children in Pre Primary to Year 6 and you will continue to have the choice whether or not to vaccinate your child. If you have decided not to vaccinate your child, you still need to provide your AIR Immunisation History Statement on enrolment.
More information about the new requirements is available by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org
Catchment intake area map of Dawson Park Primary
On 22 July 2019, changes to the Public Health Act 2016 (WA) and the School Education Act 1999 (WA) came into effect that will help to increase vaccination rates of children in Western Australia (WA) and better protect the community from vaccine preventable notifiable infectious diseases.
Under these new changes, when enrolling a child into any child care service, kindergarten or school, parents/guardians are required to provide an ‘up to date’ Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) Immunisation History Statement for their child. This statement must not be more than two months old.Exceptions apply to children who have an approved medical exemption to a vaccine, have natural immunity to a specific disease, are on an approved catch-up schedule, or are identified as an exempt child because of a particular family circumstance.